POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Big whopping sparks : Re: Big whopping sparks Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Big whopping sparks
From: Alain
Date: 17 May 2004 20:32:41
Message: <40a959a9@news.povray.org>
Dave VanHorn nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/17 19:12... :

>>It's the cylinder with its media interior that is the spark (but you've
>>allready figured that out, I guess), change its length and/or scale it
>>to make it fit your scene then translate/rotate it in place.
>>

>I'm having limited success.  I've got some control over it, but not having
>any luck at scaling it out to the big spark, 22 inches long (22 pov units,
>or 220 pov units, or... )  Everything I do is scaled in inches, mm, or some
>other real unit, so that measured parts actually fit in the scene.
>

>>>BTW: Does this sort of spark, act as a light source?
>>>

>>The spark in my code does not light up the scene by it self unless you
>>use radiosity (I have not tested that with this scene). I included one
>>area light to approximate the light from the spark.
>>

>I have radiosity turned on, but how do I make the sparks act as light
>sources?

When radiosity is on, then any media with any emission is a light
source. You may try uping the emission value (>1), or using colour
values greater than 1.

Your big spark looks like the media is perpendicular to it's containing
cylinder.

Alain